Capital BlueCross Highlights Do-it-Yourself Tools to Take Charge of Your Health at Annual Health Care Forum
Featured speakers include nationally recognized nutritionist, Emmy Award-winning doctor, and wellness and productivity motivational speaker
HARRISBURG, PA (May 4, 2016) – Capital BlueCross’ annual Health Care Forum, a prominent event among central Pennsylvania and Lehigh Valley business and health care leaders, is focusing on the ultimate Do-it-Yourself project: Your health. Themed “DIY – Leading the Empowered Consumer,” the event will provide attendees with important information about tools that can help them lead their organizations and themselves to better health.
“The transformation of the health care industry is empowering consumers to take more control of their health,” said Gary D. St. Hilaire, Capital BlueCross president and CEO. “Consumers are approaching the purchase of health care services much like they do any other shopping experience. They are more engaged in their own well-being, and have at their disposal new tools and technology to track, manage, and improve their health from anywhere, at any time. Capital BlueCross is a leader in delivering innovative technology to improve the overall health care experience. From telehealth to digital health coaching, our customers have convenient tools at their fingertips to help them live healthy.”
A highlight of the Health Care Forum is an engaging and informative panel discussion moderated by Emmy Award-winning medical correspondent Dr. Max Gomez. The panel presentation of health and wellness experts includes:
- Ashley Koff, RD – An internationally renowned registered dietitian, Koff is a go to expert for leading media outlets including The Dr. Oz Show, The Doctors, The Today Show, Good Morning America, and Fox & Friends. Creator of The Better Nutrition Simplified Program, Koff will share her four pillars of better nutrition and teach strategies for staying healthy when life happens.
- Andy Core – Author of Change Your Day, Not Your Life: A Realistic Guide to Sustained Motivation, More Productivity, and the Art of Working Well, Core is a credentialed, award-winning thought leader on increasing employee engagement, productivity, and wellness motivation.
- Steve Bennett – A veteran of the health management business with 25 years of practice, Steve brings experience from diverse settings including health plans, regional medical centers, health technology providers, corporate fitness centers and universities, as well as his current role as senior marketing manager of healthcare solutions for Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions, Inc. Steve will teach tried and true tactics for applying behavioral insight and mobile technology to employee engagement strategy.
The health care forum also will provide interactive stations to help guide participants along the path of Do-it-Yourself health and wellness. The stations include:
- Doodle It Yourself – Discover emotional healing and stress relief through the arts at this Capital BlueCross doodle station, where guests can embrace their inner artist by coloring mandalas.
- Healthy Diet Ideas Year-round: The Capital BlueCross wellness team will provide tips to enhance company wellness programs as well as information on eating for optimal health.
- Differentiate in a Year – Changing your life starts with changing your day. Discover ways to motivate and engage employees, and promote healthy habits that are simple and sustainable.
- Digital Innovation – You Got This! – The rapidly evolving digital landscape can be intimidating. Experts will explain the tools and resources available on capbluecross.com, and help guests make the most of mobile technology.
- More Than Health Insurance – From dental and vision coverage to stop loss and life insurance, guests will learn about the products provided by Capital BlueCross and its family of companies to bring customers peace of mind in every aspect of their lives.
Capital BlueCross’ 2016 health care forum is supported by the following community partners and sponsors:
- Acro Pharmaceuticals
- American Well
- Apex Advertising
- Change Healthcare
- CVS Health
- Harrisburg Senators
- Johnson and Johnson Health Systems
- Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs
- M&T Bank
- Magellan Health
- Moravian College
- Pinnacle Health System
- Saul Ewing
- Stoner Graphix
About Capital BlueCross
Capital BlueCross, headquartered in Harrisburg, Pa., is the leading health solutions and insurance company in central Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley. A partner in the community’s health for nearly eight decades, Capital BlueCross offers health insurance products, services and technology solutions that provide peace of mind to consumers and promote health and wellness for our customers.
More than a health insurer, the company delivers innovative solutions through a family of diversified businesses that is creating a healthier future and lowering health care costs. Among these solutions are patient-focused care models, leading-edge data analytics, and digital health technologies. Additionally, Capital BlueCross is growing a network of Capital Blue stores that provide in-person service and inspiration to help people reach their health goals. Capital BlueCross is an independent licensee of the BlueCross BlueShield Association.